Friday, August 22, 2008

Summer 2008 Recap…..part 4

Ursula Canisius Voice (UCV)

I already mention about UCV on my previous post. UCV is a high school choir part of the join effort from Santa Ursula Senior High School (girls chool) and Canisius Senior High School (boys school). I was a member of this choir from 2001 until 2004, and fortunate enough to become their president in 2003-2004.

UCV does not only mean Ursula Canisius Voice, but it also has deeper meaning. UCV means U C Voice (You See Voice) which becomes the spirit of this choir. We do believe that music is not just meant to be heard, but also to be seen.

So, this year, UCV finally made their first, after 3 years of banned, Open House in Santa Ursula Senior High School. When I entered the school that morning, I said to myself “hey it’s been a while not to enter this girls school during their busy time.”

Between 7-9 AM, the 10th grade with their parents went around the school to visit various clubs so that they can decide which clubs that they want join. So, my job was actually sing, but more often I just stand there in front of the room and “push” people inside so that they can talk and get to know UCV better.

At the same time, my girlfriend opened a new club. I think they called it “tating”, something to do with hand (see the pictures on the left). She is the teacher of this new club. I was quite surprised actually, never thought that my girlfriend will be a teacher, but I think she’ll do fine.

Well, this is all I can say about UCV this summer, but I really do remember all the memories that I had during my 3 years in UCV. It was really unforgettable memories. Because UCV, I started my hobby of singing and choral music and until now, I never thought of stop singing, even though my voice was kind of suck right now. Oh, and don’t forget that the fact I met my girlfriend here :).

Hope that the new-born UCV will keep growing and can reach what they had reach years ago.

1 comment:

Sonia said...

Damn....really miss UCV ;__; So lucky you can go back when there's an open house bro.

And congrats for the re-opening of UCV. Lol,