Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Summer 2008 Recap…..part 2

Antiokhia Paroki St. Bonaventura, Rawamangun

So, it is make sense that after I wrote about @ Gading then I wrote about @ bona. It is the same type of group with @ gading, it’s just different parish and different members too, but geographically they are neighbors.

This year I had a chance to become the team for the summer retreat. I was so surprised during the first meeting that I went. I totally forgot the name of the team that joined @ bona last year hahaha. There are CD, Novi, Nopi, Indah, Calista (sapi), but I do remember Grace, Regi and Ocha. But it’s ok haha at least I remember them all by the time the retreat started.

In this retreat, I also had a chance to make a presentation with the title “Mengikuti Kristus” or “Following Christ”. So, me and Ratih, who talks about “Bekerja untuk Kristus” or “Work for Christ”, got 60 minutes to talk, so logically it’s 30-30 minutes right hahaha but it ended up 55-25, so I talked around 55 minutes haha can’t really help myself to talk a very interesting topic and besides I did not even feel that I had talked for 55 minutes. I really need to work on my time management when I had a presentation haha.

After the retreat, we had our first Follow Up (FU) meeting. It was ok, not really much of a preparation and also the one that run the meeting were new members, so can’t really control the meeting, but it’s ok.

That’s one of the weaknesses of @ bona, since their age was just 2 years old (compare to @ gading whose 10 years old), the members were still not used to the routine of Antiokhia. Fortunately, some of seniors of @ Gading still help them to run the group. So, I’m pretty sure that this group will keep growing, even though it might need 2-3 years until they can stand alone without needing guidance or help from @ Gading.

Well, can’t really tell much about @ bona, but I do have more heart and attention to this group compare to @ gading, even though I was origin there. Maybe it’s just because @ gading had already more people while @ bona still need people that can guide them. Just like a baby who still needs their parents to help them walk. I feel that I can contribute more to @ bona rather than @ gading.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Huahaha..yeah, you're really like one of the apostles who help the needy people, in this case is @bona..haha XD

hmm..I found one more new interesting side of u, brother!
I've just discovered that u really like to have a presentation thingy..! oh my gosh..really2 need to learn from you to talk continuously for at least an hour...! wahhaha XD