Thursday, August 21, 2008

Summer 2008 Recap…..part 3

Vides Vocem

So, this post will be about Vides Vocem (ViVo). It’s a choir where most of the members are Ursula Canisius Voice (UCV) alumni. I’ll talk about UCV on my next post, but for now I’ll talk about ViVo first. If you haven’t know yet, my voice is BASS.

This year, as my first duty, I sang in Rindra’s wedding ceremony. Rindra is actually one of the founders of UCV. She was so gorgeous on that day, can’t really believed that it was Rindra. I’m just so happy to be able to sing with them songs that I will never sing in US. Well, it was a good ceremony, except that fact that Father Baskoro, the one who lead the ceremony was absolutely nuts!! Hahaha but I guess everyone anticipated that already. After the mass, I went back to Bonaventura Parish to join the WE Team of Antiok Bona.

My second job was to sing on a regular Sunday mass at Canisius Chapel. It was so early, 7.30 AM, but it’s ok. We sang with some of the new members of UCV. It was a good nostalgic time to sing in a regular mass and sing songs from Puji Syukur, songs book in Jakarta. Again, you’ll never ever find songs from Puji Syukur on any of American songs book, such as Breaking Bread or Gathering. After the mass, I went for a brunch with my girlfriend’s family at Soto Madura near the Chapel, and it was pretty good haha at least it made me craving Rujak Cingur for the next 2 months.

I also helped ViVo when they helped UCV for their first, after 3 years, Open House at Santa Ursula High School. I’m going to talk more about this in my next post J

For my last job, I sang again on another regular Sunday mass at Canisius Chapel, but this time we did not have UCV members, so it was a smaller group, maybe around 12-13 people. What I remember, I really asked Abi to come to this mass and sing with us, well she did come but she did not sing, but oh well, I’m happy enough to see her again. So, after the mass, I went to a brunch with my family, but this time with my girlfriend too, so kind of a trade after last time I went to a brunch with my girlfriend’s family. I remember when I left the chapel; it felt so sad, not being able to sing with them again for a long time.

My voice really did not blend too much anymore with the rest of the choir, so I feel grateful that they still let me sing with them. I really want to sing with them all the times, but I know it won’t happen. I wish them good luck and keep singing, because that is what really make us still together after all these years, right?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hmm..i know that u really love to sing, rite??

why did u think that your voice didn't really mix wif the others??I just don't understand it much, maybe you just need a little bit rehearsal just like what we did in one night before the taize thingy..huahaha XD
it was really fun, I wanna sing again wif u, of course if we can join the team on June..hehe

huu...it was kinda awesome having a choir group like UCV, I never had such thing in school..haha XD